- Chester County was one of the three original Pennsylvania counties created by William Penn in 1682; oldest county in the USA.
- The name was derived
from Cheshire, England.
It is part of the Delaware Valley region and is the only Delaware
Valley county in Pennsylvania that does not actually border Philadelphia,
though it comes close.
- The county seat is West Chester. Administered by a
three-person Board of Commissioners, who serve four-year terms.
consists of: 57 Townships, 1 City and 15 Boroughs.
- Consists of 12 public
- Eastern Chester County
is home to many communities that comprise the Main Line western suburbs of Philadelphia,
while part of its southern most portion is considered suburban Wilmington, Delaware, along with southwest Delaware County.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area
of 762 square miles (1,973.6 km2), of which 758 square miles
(1,963.2 km2) is land and 4 square miles (10.4 km2)
(0.51%) is water.
- Enriched with American History, historic
landmarks, covered bridges, historic military markers site of a major battle in
the Revolutionary War, old mills, farm houses, rolling hills and beautiful
- As of 2010, it was the highest-income county in
Pennsylvania and 24th highest in the nation as measured by median household
- In 2011, the estimated
population was 500,182.
- Berks County (North)
- Montgomery County (Northeast)
- Delaware County (East)
- New Castle, Delaware (Southeast)
- Cecil County, Maryland (South)
- Lancaster County (West)
- Cheyney University
- Delaware County Community College
- Eastern University
- Immaculata University
- Lincoln University
- Penn State Great Valley
- University of Phoenix
- West Chester University
- Brandywine Hospital
- Chester County Hospital
- Paoli Hospital
- Phoenixville Hospital
- Southern Chester County Medical Center
- Valley Forge National Historical Park
- French Creek State Park
- Marsh Creek State Park
- White Clay Creek Preserve
find attached Chester County’s single Community Reports by City to include:
Introduction, Population & Housing, Community Overview, Financial Report,
Employment Information, Community Crime Information, Weather &
Environmental Details. For the following areas: Atglen, Avondale, Berwyn, Chester Springs, Coatesville, Cochranville, Devon, Downingtown, Elverson, Exton, Frazer, Glenmoore, Honey Brook, Kennett Square, Landenberg, Lincoln University, Malvern, Nottingham, Oxford, Paoli, Parkesburg, Phoenixville, Spring City, Thorndale, Toughkenamon, West Chester and West Grove.
me, with any questions or to request a customized Complimentary Community